|Home||Curriculum Vitae||Research & Publications||Recent News||Miscellaneous|
- The Climate Lab Book
- Online textbook on Climate Dynamics
- My profile on Academia.edu
- LIM, the Louvain-la-Neuve Sea Ice Model, and SLIM, the Second-generation Louvain-la-Neuve Ice-ocean Model
- IPCC, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- EC-Earth, the Climate General Circulation Model based on ECMWF's seasonal forecasting system.
- COMBINE, Comprehensive Modelling of the Earth System for Better Climate Prediction and Projection
- Skeptical Science, Getting skeptical about global warming skepticism
- NSIDC, National Snow and Ice Data Center
- Climate Change portal at UCL.
- Principiae, Structuring Thoughts
Friends you may want to know
- Maxime Taquet, UCL - Harvard Medical School. Registering the brain.
- Simon Dellicour, ULB. Impact of floral specialization on diversity and dispersal capacity of bee species.
- Arnaud Dufays, UCL. Dealing with structural changes for forecasting volatility purposes.
- Nicolas Boumal, UCL.Optimization methods on manifolds.
Some not so unuseful science stuff
- Uses and misuses of correlations.
- The Kalman Filter through a simple example (to run as a Matlab script, read header)
My favourite bugs
- To be or not to be a folder.
My favourite quotes/stories/jokes
- Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live. (M. Golding)
- Essentially, all models are wrong, but some are useful (G. E. P. Box)
- Torture numbers, and they'll confess to anything (G. Easterbrook)
- Read here the story of a famous student's physics exam (doubted story!).
- J'arrêterai de faire de la politique quand les politiciens arrêteront de nous faire rire (Coluche).
- Do not worry about your difficulties in Mathematics. I can assure you mine are still greater (A. Einstein)
- On reconnaît le rouquin aux cheveux du père et le requin aux dents de la mère (P. Desproges)
- Le champignon le plus vénéneux, c'est celui qu'on trouve dans les voitures (Coluche)
- Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new (A. Einstein)
- "Politique Bovine" (in French)
- Lottery is a tax on people who don't understand statistics (Unknown)
My favourite music tracks
- Don't stop me now (Queen)
- Scherzo in B-flat minor (F. Chopin)
- Prelude in G minor (S. Rachmaninov)
- Violin Concerto (P. Tchaïkovsky)
- Wake me up when September ends (Greenday)
- I want you back (The Jackson 5)
- Double violin concerto (J.-S. Bach)
My favourite videos
- Belgium ad
- Roger Federer's incredible passing shots 1 2
- Drinking coffee
- Rachmaninoff had big hands
- "L'argent-dette" 1 and 2 (Paul Grignon)
- The non-transitive dice
My favourite websites
- "Ouverture facile", for those who like complex riddles.